My 𝗣𝗮𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗿 𝗠𝗮𝗸𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗶 𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗽𝗲 is here! Paneer is a beautiful, milky and mild cheese that is very versatile! Love it!
• 250 gms of paneer, cut in medium size cubes
• 2 tsp of butter
2 tbsp of oil
• Dry Whole Spices:
a. 4 cardamoms, slightly crushed or opened.
b. 1 small cinnamon stick
c. 1 Bay leaf
• 1 tsp tomato purée
• 4 fresh tomatoes, chopped or one can of tomatoes.
• 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste (crushed coarsely)
• 4 cashew nuts, chopped and immersed in water to soften them
• 1 tbsp fenugreek leaves
• 1/2 inch ginger peeled and crushed
• 1 tsp red chilli powder (reduce according to taste)
• Pinch of granulated sugar
• 1/3 cup single cream (optional)
Salt to taste
1. Take a wok and add one tsp of butter and 1 tbsp of oil.
2. When it sizzles ( make sure you don’t burn the butter as it heats up fast) add the following:
- Tomato puree
- Ginger garlic paste
- All the dried spices listed above
3. Cover the wok & let it cook for 10-15 minutes and then turn the burner off. Let it cool.
4. Once cooled, blend the tomato gravy and cashew nuts (which you must chop finely di they blend well) in a grinder and make very smooth and thick gravy out of it. Keep it aside.
5. In the same wok, on medium heat, add the balance butter and oil and once it splutters, add the ginger paste, and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Now add the red chilli powder and keep stirring for 2 minutes.
7. Now add the tomato gravy to it it and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
8. Add the slit chilli (optional)
9. Add the sugar
10. Add the paneer at this stage.
11. Mix everything well and let it cook for 7-8 minutes.
12. Add the fenugreek leaves and garam masala and mix well. Stir for a minute.
13. Switch off the burner and add the cream on top.