Methi Malai Chicken (creamy fenugreek chicken) recipe is here!
Cooks for 2 people
Spice level: Medium/mild
Chicken marinate ingredients:
- 300 gm chicken breasts pieces
- 1 teaspoon ginger and garlic mince
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves
- Half to 3/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/4 cup thick Greek yogurt
- Salt to taste
Other Ingredients for the sauce:
- 2-3 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 inch ginger peeled and sliced into juliennes
- 2-3 cups of fresh fenugreek leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon coriander powder
Pinch of turmeric
- 2-3 Green chilli, slit (optional)
- 2 tablespoons double cream (optional)
paste of 4-5 cashew nuts
-1/4 cup milk
-Whole spices -
1 brown cardomon
1 bay leaf
1/2 inch cinnamon stick
4-5 black peppercorns
Garam masala to garnish
Marinate the chicken and keep aside for minimum 2 hours or preferably overnight in fridge.
Ad salt to the fresh fenugreek abd keep aside for 1/2 hour. Now squeeze the excess water and sauté in a tablespoon of oil until crisp. Keep aside
In a pan, add the oil and once hot add the whole spices, ginger and garlic and green chilles. Sauté well.
Add the chopped onion and cook until it’s light golden brown.
Add the marinated chicken on high flame and then Reduce it, add salt and cook.
Add the dried fenugreek and mix well.
Add the cashew it paste and mix well.
Switch off the burner!