Updated: Jun 7, 2022
Recently, I made matar (peas) and paneer, moong daal and cumin potaroes for a party. I do asked about what mains to pair with what sides. Cumin potatoes is a simple and delicious recipe that never fails as a side dish!
Here is the recipe for my cumin potatoes:
1. 2-3 potatoes very thinly chopped.⠀
2. I tsp cumin seeds⠀
3. I/2 tsp turmeric⠀
4. ½ tsp red chilli powder⠀
5. 1/2 tsp garam masala⠀
6. 1 tsp cumin powder⠀
7. Salt to taste⠀
8. 2 tbsp Oil⠀
9. Bunch of coriander leaves, chopped for garnishing ⠀
10. 2 green chillies slit (optional)⠀
Cooking time 20 mins⠀
1. In a wok, add oil and once it is hot, add cumin seeds. Once they sizzle, add the chillies and then the spices.⠀
2. Mix well for less than 1 minute.⠀
3. Add the potatoes almost immediately.⠀
4. Add the salt⠀
5. Lower the flame, cover with a lid and let the potatoes cook for 10 minutes.
6. Have a look and mix well. If need to be done further, add a few tablespoons of water and cover for another 5 minutes.⠀
7. Switch off the burner.⠀
8. Add coriander leaves.